Four injured as fire breaks out in the kitchen of Saravana Selv
CHENNAI: Four workers suffered burn injuries when a fire broke out in the kitchen of a leading textiles and jewellery chain at T Nagar in Chennai on Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out in the kitchen of Saravana Selvarathinam group at 9.30am when workers were preparing lunch. Police said a gas leak from an LPG cylinders led to the fire accident.
Fire and rescue personnel extinguished the fire in 30 minutes.
The injured have been identified as Murthy, 17, Kader, 20, Iliaz Ahmed, 19, and Ibrahim Ali, 20. They were rushed to Kilpauk Medical College Hospital. Murthy suffered at least 73% burn injuries while Kader sustained 53% burn injuries, police said quoting doctors.
The other two workers sustained minor injuries.Saravana Selvarathinam group employs a total of around 1,500 people, including salespersons and others, in its shops in Chennai. The kitchen is located on the ground floor of a building on Natesan Street in T Nagar.