Man electrocuted while repairing transformer

Man electrocuted while repairing transformer
Man electrocuted while repairing transformer

CHENNAI: A man died after he was electrocuted while repairing an EB transformer at Thandalam near Tiruvallur.

Police said J Janakiraman (47) was a casual labourer attached with the electricity board was working on a electrical snag when he came in contact with a high tension wire. Police who rushed to the spot and moved his body to the Tiruvallur government hospital for post mortem. Due to cyclone Vardah there has been numerous power cuts and snags in Tiruvallar district.

Janakiraman survived by wife Chandra, 38, Yuvaraj, 17 and daughter Bhuvaneshwari, 16. The Thandalam police have registered a case and are investigating.

Man electrocuted while repairing transformer