School boy dies after eating fried snacks in Chennai

School boy dies after eating fried snacks in Chennai
School boy dies after eating fried snacks in Chennai

CHENNAI: The sudden death of a Class 12 student late on Tuesday sent shock waves among people across the city.

According to the family and close friends, Sirish Savio, a student of St Michael's Academy in Adyar, complained of uneasiness on Tuesday after he had a brand of corn puffs at home. He was given an antacid powder mixed with water.

He began throwing up and was rushed to Fortis Malar Hospital nearby, where he was declared brought dead.

Initially, the hospital's spokesman said the boy could have been allergic to the antacid and the case required to be investigated legally by police.

As the news spread, the school declared a holiday. Several parents, teachers and friends expressed condolence on social media. Sirish's friends and classmates, who visited the family, said he was an active student and his death was a shock.

School boy dies after eating fried snacks in Chennai