Kotak Mutual Fund launches Kotak Focused Equity Fund
This open ended scheme will invest in a concentrated portfolio of up to 30 stocks in large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap category
Mumbai, 25th June, 2019: Kotak Asset Management Company (Kotak Mutual Fund) today announced the launch of Kotak Focused Equity Fund. The New Fund Offering (NFO) opens for subscription on 25th June, 2019 and closes on 09th July, 2019. This open-ended scheme will invest in a focused portfolio of up to 30 stocks across large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap categories.
The fund, which will follow Nifty 200TRI benchmark, aims to generate long term capital appreciation by investing in equity & equity related instruments across market capitalization. Kotak Focused Equity Fund will be managed by Shibani Kurian and Harish Krishnan.
Shibani Kurian, Senior Vice President and Head of Equity Research said, “Kotak Focused Equity Fund integrates corporate governance with risk/reward-based selections. The fund will follow a thematic approach of bottom up stock picking using the Business, Management and Valuation (BMV) model. We will evaluate the business environment that a company operates in, the capability of the management to execute and scale up the business and valuation of the company based on fundamentals like discounted cash flows and P/E ratios.”
Features of Kotak Focused Equity Fund:
• Concentrated Portfolio consisting of 25-30 high growth and good quality businesses with sustainable and scalable earnings potential over the long term
• Leveraging On Research Capabilities by stock picking through the BMV model
• Suitable For Long Term Investors looking to benefit from the structural growth opportunity in Indian equities
• Multi-Cap Portfolio Strategy to ensure stocks pick without market cap bias
• Bottom Up Approach To Stock Picking with a top down thematic overlay