Clean Cooking Alliance Launches 2019 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Inviting Applications from female leaders from India to be the 2019 Women Entrepreneur of the Year
New Delhi: The Clean Cooking Alliance is pleased to announce that applications for the 2019 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year (WEYA) Award are now open. This annual award recognizes outstanding female leaders in the household energy sector who are advancing clean cooking solutions in emerging markets.
The 2019 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year and she will receive:
• Sponsorship to attend the 2019 Clean Cooking Forum in Nairobi, Kenya, November 5-7, 2019, including registration, economy airfare to/from Nairobi, and lodgings;
• High-level recognition during the Clean Cooking Forum and opportunity to network with key stakeholders in the sector;
• Financial sponsorship to attend a leading social entrepreneurship development course, such as the five-day Executive Program in Social Entrepreneurship at The Stanford Graduate School of Business (pending selected winner’s admission to the program based on eligibility criteria and selection process)
• One-on-one business coaching sessions (up to four sessions) with the Alliance;
• One year of mentorship support from the Alliance and its strategic partners;
• Inclusion in a global clean cooking communications campaign being launched in November 2019
• Increased visibility and international recognition via the Alliance’s newsletter, website, social media platforms, and other promotional materials; and
• A professional photoshoot to highlight the winner’s work and impact in the sector.
Last year’s winner, Chebet Lesan, is the founder of BrightGreen Renewable Energy (BrightGreen), a Kenya-based company working to scale access to clean and affordable energy through the production and distribution of charcoal briquettes made from recycled, organic waste.
Currently, 80% of the raw materials used in production are being sourced by women in Kenya.
After achieving this feat, Chebet Lesan said, “It’s really exciting to see where [BrightGreen] will go and what it will grow into”
The nomination process began on Monday, July 1 and will continue through Thursday, August 1. Applicants may nominate themselves or nominate others who fit the qualification criteria.