Mother's Day Recipes by Del Monte
Whether you are treating mum to breakfast in bed, or preparing a three course dinner, Del Monte has got all the Mothering Sunday recipes that will make her delighted and impressed. It’s time to pamper her with your love and warmth.
Paneer Tikka And Pineapple Sandwich (Breakfast)
Preparation Time: 15-20 min
Ø Butter - 4 tsp
Ø Green chutney (thick) - 4 tbsp
Ø Sandwich bread - 8 slices
Ø Tomato & onion kuchumber salad - 4 tbsp
Ø Paneer Tikka, sliced - 200 grams
Ø Del Monte Pineapple Slices, drained - 4 slices
1. Spread softened butter & green chutney on one side of all bread slices.
2. Mix sliced paneer tikka with kuchumber salad, divide equally & arrange this filler on half the bread slices.
3. Top it with the Del Monte Pineapple Slice and cover with remaining buttered slices of bread.
4. Cut into triangles & serve immediately.
Cranberry Lemon Pulau/Pilaf (Main Course)
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Ø 1 pack, Del Monte Dried Cranberries
Ø 3 cups, cooked rice
Ø 1 teaspoon, garlic, finely chopped
Ø ½ tablespoon, green chilies, finely chopped
Ø 2 tablespoons, lemon juice
Ø 1 teaspoon, lemon zest
Ø ½ cup, finely sliced onions
Ø 1 teaspoon, garam masala powder
Ø 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon, ghee
Ø Salt to taste
Ø 1& ½ inch cinnamon stick
Ø 1 teaspoon, cumin seeds
Ø 6 black peppercorns
Ø 1 bay leaf
Ø 3-4 green cardamoms
1. In a Pan, heat ghee and oil together.
2. Add all the dried whole spices and allow it to crackle for few seconds.
3. Add garlic and fry for another few seconds. Add sliced onions and fry until they are just golden brown (do not burn them).
4. Add green chillies, lemon zest, juice and cranberries, sauté for 2 minutes. Season with salt.
5. Add rice and gently mix, cook until all mixed well. They are ready to be served!
6. Dish out and serve hot with any curries or tikka, tandoori of your choice.
Peach Mousse (Dessert)
Peach Mousse is one of the easiest summer desserts. It is a no-cook, fuss-free dessert recipe. All you need to do is serve it chilled.
Ø 4 - 5 Del Monte Peach Halves
Ø Juice of one lemon
Ø 1/4 Cup sugar
Ø 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
Ø 1/4 cup cold water
Ø 1 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
1. Place the whole peach halves in a blender.
2. Add lemon juice, sugar and blend until pureed
3. Keep puree in the fridge until ready to use
4. In a small saucepan add 1/4 cup cold water and sprinkle gelatin
5. Let it sit for 5 minutes to soften
6. Once the gelatin is bloomed nicely transfer it to a heat proof bowl
7. Place the bowl in a pan of barely simmering water
8. Leave until the gelatin has completely dissolved and turned transparent, approximately 5 minutes
9. Whip the heavy cream using a hand blender
10. Divide the whipping cream into two equal halves
11. Gently fold the peach puree into one half of the whipping cream
12. Add the gelatin into this mixture. Mix nicely. Pour into the serving bowls/cups
13. Chill in the fridge until mousse is set approximately 4 - 5 hours
14. Before serving top each mousse with whipping cream
15. Serve Peach Mousse Chilled