Tata Motors launches India's first compact truck - Tata Intra
Photo Caption: (L-R) Mr. Girish Wagh, President Commerical Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors _ Mr. Guenter Butschek, Chief Executive Officer and Mana
Key Highlights: Product
- INTRA meets the evolving needs of the new age informed customer who seeks high revenues, low cost of ownership and superior vehicle performance leading to prosperity
- First compact truck, conceptualized and engineered on a new Modular Platform
- An all-new rugged & powerful COMPACT TRUCK range built on Tata Motors’ new ‘Premium Tough’ design philosophy
- Ergonomically designed cabin with car-like design, steering comfort, low noise and comfortable seats - makes INTRA highly suitable for fatigue free long inter-city trips.
- Best-in-class features in terms of vehicle power, acceleration, load carrying capacity, driving comfort, superior reliability and durable aggregates
- Available in two distinct variants – INTRA V10 & INTRA V20, offering superior performance and best-in-class mileage
- Both variants come with two trim levers, with higher trim having HVAC, music system, LED tail lamps along with enriched and colour coordinated interiors
- Power train is tuned to suit various duty cycles using Gear Shift Advisor or Economy switch leading to enhanced fuel efficiency
- Short turning radius allows easy maneuverability in high traffic intra-city trips
Key Highlights: Service
- Intra customers will get the various benefits under Sampoorna Seva umbrella - including 24X7 workshop, attractive AMC packages, breakdown assistance and accidental insurance for drivers
- Customer can enjoy benefits of TATA Samarth which offers health insurance, hospitalization cover, support in child education and financial literacy
Chennai, May 22, 2019: Strengthening its position as pioneers and leader of the Small Commercial Vehicles (SCV) segment, Tata Motors, India’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer today launched a range of new generation ‘compact truck’ – the Tata INTRA. Conceptualised post extensive market research and customer feedback, Tata INTRA is engineered and built to offer class-leading features, meeting the demanding and ever-evolving requirements of the SCV industry. Tata INTRA promises to deliver superior performance, increased pay-load capacity, high fuel efficiency and durability, all leading to significant increase in revenues and lowest cost of operation to the discerning owners.
With a best in class, 2512 mm x 1602 mm load body length, Tata INTRA comes in two variants- V10 and V20. The INTRA range starts from INR 5,35,000 onwards depending on the variant, thereby offering a superior value proposition to our discerning customers.
The Tata INTRA is powered by future ready engines, which are scalable to BSVI norms. The INTRA V20 comes with 1400 cc DI Engine with 52KW (70 HP) & INTRA V10 is powered with 800 CC DI Engine delivering 30KW (40 hp), offering quick acceleration, faster trips and low turnaround time. The vehicle has a standard power steering fitment and with low turning circle radius of 4.75m, it ensures easy manoeuvrability even on narrow and congested roads. The power train is tuned to suit various duty cycles using Gear Shift Advisor or economy switch, leading to enhanced fuel efficiency. INTRA also has a 5-speed gearbox with cable shift mechanism offering a pleasurable driving experience.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Guenter Butschek, CEO and MD, Tata Motors, said, “As the leader in the Commercial Vehicle industry we are playing a key role in shaping the CV market by introducing global products based on deep customer insights. We have strengthened our actions under the ongoing turnaround. With intense sales activation, new product launches, continued thrust on cost reduction, we have been able to improve our CV business performance. We want to strengthen our leadership position across all segments we operate in. The Tata INTRA is a testament of our unrelenting commitment to introduce products that embody engineering passion and bolster customer value proposition and it will be a game changer for us in the SCV segment as it offers several industry-first features, setting high standards in the market.”
Commenting on the launch of Tata INTRA vehicles, Mr. Girish Wagh, President – Commercial Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, “The customer preferences are shifting everyday towards better performance, advanced features and higher returns. After a thorough research, we learnt about the growing aspirations of the new age customers. These insights have helped us conceptualize and develop the Tata INTRA. It is ideal for customers who want to upgrade their commercial vehicles for higher business returns and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), enabled by proven and reliable aggregates and driving comfort leading to longer, fatigue free drives. We have always led the industry and created new sub-segments to create demand. The launch of India’s first compact truck, fills an important gap in the Indian SCV market and we are bringing yet another game-changing product after our much successful product Tata ACE.”
The Tata INTRA has a boltable full forward robust body shell cabin and has been intelligently designed with a smart nose along with seatbelts with ELR (Emergency Locking Retractor). Built on a hydroformed frame, the INTRA is comparatively lighter. The smartly engineered cabin space, improved ergonomics and low NVH levels, boasts of stylish car-like interiors with sufficient storage capacity and comfortable seating, enabling drivers to operate fatigue free over long hauls, which in turn offers significant improvement in productivity. Modern features such as mobile charging point, electronic instrument cluster, big headlamps, large windscreen, lockable glove box, storage on dashboard & door trims, headrest for comfort while driving, pre-fitted music system and AC in the premium version to enhance the fatigue-free driving experience. The gear lever is mounted on the dashboard making longer drives comfortable and tireless for the driver. The front and rear rigid axles and leaf springs ensure superior load carrying capability and low cost of maintenance.
Network strategy and Aftermarket services:
The Company has the most extensive network and extended arm salesman in the form of Tata Gram Mitra, which will be leveraged to penetrate even into small towns. With this, we will be available at every tehsils (over 5000) to serve the customers. The vehicle comes with an industry best warranty of 2 years or 72,000 kms, supported by extensive countrywide network for sales, service and spare parts. The reliable and durable aggregates of TATA Intra combined with its best in class spare part prices ensures low cost of maintenance. Customers will benefit from host of excellent aftermarket support through value added services under the umbrella of ‘Sampoorna Seva’ including a 24X7 workshop, mobile workshops, AMC packages, breakdown assistance and accidental insurance for drivers of Tata INTRA. Customers will also be offered exclusive privileges under the “Samarth program” for driver wellness, which covers areas like Accidental insurance, hospitalization cover, financial counselling and educational assistance packages for their children.