Russia invites Indian Students to study with attractive scholarships
(L-R): * Mr. C. Ravichandran, Director of Study Abroad Educational Consultants
* Mr. Yuri Belov, Vice-Consul (Press and Public Relation), Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Chennai
* Mr. Gennady Rogalev, Vice-Consul and Director of The Russian Center of Science and Culture - RCSC
* Ms. Valentina Maiorova, Head of Russian Language Course, RCSC
Chennai, April 2019: The Russian Center of Science and Culture (RCSC), Chennai has announced that the Russian Federation having allocated 100 seats with 100% scholarships for Indian students in some of the popular fields such as Engineering, Medicine and Humanities.
This was announced by Mr. Gennady Rogalev, Vice-Consul and Director of RCSC Chennai, Mr. Yuri Belov, Vice-Consul (Press and Public Relation), Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Chennai and Mr. C. Ravichandran, Director of Study Abroad Educational Consultants.
Mr. Gennady Rogalev said, “These quotas ensure students can receive free education for Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Russia’s leading Universities for the entire period of study. Normally, the educational quota implies the use of the Russian language but, this year some courses in English language are also available under scholarship in Universities like Moscow University of Physics and Technology & Tomsk Polytechnic University”.
As the application procedures and first round of selection have already commenced, students can apply for this scholarship by registering on https://russia.study/ru. They can fill in the necessary details, choose the programme they wish to study and select up to six Universities to apply (but not more than two universities from one city).
The selection process is managed by the Selection Committee in Delhi and at this stage, the applications are reviewed and candidates are selected according to their marks. All the necessary information about the application process can be found at the User Guide of the website (https://russia.study/assets/user_guide.pdf).
It is to be noted that students from South India can contact RCSC, Chennai on firstname.lastname@example.org or 044 – 2499 0050 for more details.
The presentation on higher education opportunities in Russia and the scholarship program will be held at RCSC, Chennai at 6 April 2019 from 10 am to 4 pm. All the interested students can attend this FREE program and clarify their queries regarding education in Russia.
Some facts about the Higher Education System in Russia:
1. In Russian Universities, the duration of Engineering course is four years. In case of Russian medium it is preceded by a one-year preparatory course. The duration of the Medical course is six years in English Medium and seven years in Russian Medium (includes one-year intense preparatory program).
2. There are over 100 Government Medical Universities in Russia, which are recognised by Medical Council of India and listed in the Directory of Medical schools of the World Health Organisation (WHO). Russian Medical Universities offer an M.D. degree, which is equivalent to M.B.B.S in India.
3. Presently, Russia has more than 200,000 foreign students from 200 different countries of the world studying in its 600 Government Universities. Every year tens of thousands of students are coming to study in Russia to get prestigious, globally recognized and affordable education.
4. Currently, there are about 10,000 Indian students studying at various arts & science, engineering and medical institutions in Russia. In the past three years, Indian students going to Russia has increased considerably.
5. Depending upon the University, place of study and course the fee structure differs from US$ 2500 to US$ 4000 per year in the case of Russian Medium instruction. And in the case of instruction in English Medium, the fee shall be US$ 3500 to US$ 6000 per year.